- Stop ThiefWed, 22 March 2017
- Stolen in a burglary in Willand, Devon on Wednesday March15, a group comprising the UN Kosovo medal, Iraq Medal 2003 (with clasp), Afghanistan Service Medal, Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal and the army Long Service and Good Conduct medal. Named to 25063097 Tpr/LCPL Collingwood RAC 2RTR/SCOTS DG....
- Railways VC HeroesMon, 27 February 2017
- It’s an honour, or should be
FOR most of us the antics of a tattooed soccer player with an odd sartorial style and a penchant for strange haircuts would be of little interest, but the recently-leaked emails from David Beckham to his publicist that appeared plastered across various...
- Stop ThiefFri, 24 February 2017
- Stolen in a Burglary on Christmas Day 2016 from Chilvers Cotton Vicarage in Nuneaton (I mean come on who burgles a Vicarage on Christmas Day? Really? Shame on you) RAF Long Service and Good Conduct to 8129120J Fg Offr F Seldon.
Any Info dial 101 with Crime reference 23N5/4689ZU/16
- The New One PoundWed, 22 February 2017
- Twelve sides to the story
FOR the first time since 1997 the United Kingdom has a brand new coin—admittedly the denomination is a familiar one so it could be argued that this is just a redesign rather than anything as radical as the £2 or the 20p were, but whilst that is strictly true I...
- Malta PoliceThurs, 2 February 2017
- The personal touch
IT IS with sadness that we hear of the passing of Phil Burman (see “News and Views”, page 6) one of the “Old Guard” of the medal hobby—a familiar face to those of us who have attended medal shows in the past few decades and a true gentleman in the best possible sense...
- Year of the RoosterTues, 24 January 2017
- China syndrome
WHILST this is, of course, the February issue of COIN NEWS most of you will receive it in January and so may I wish you a very Happy New Year! I accept that as you’re likely to be reading this “Comment” at the end of January such a sentiment may be a littleworn but...
- BALDWIN’S MERGE WITH ST JAMES’SWed, 4 January 2017
- COIN NEWS’ Consultant Editor, John Andrew, reports breaking news from London. Baldwin’s Auctions, which was acquired by the Stanley Gibbons Group plc in 2013, has merged with St James’s Auctions (SJA) which was founded by Stephen Fenton, of the much respected Knightsbridge Coins, in 2004. Stephen...
Established in 1983 we are a small company of 11 employees based in Exeter in Devon. We don’t have a shop per se but anyone who is in the area is welcome to come in and visit us at any time that we’re open – see our Contact Us page for details.
As well as our magazines and yearbooks we have published a wide range of other titles on coins, medals and military history all of which are available from us via this website, mail order or from our premises. Of particular note are the acclaimed “HONOUR THE…” series of books that have proved absolutely essential to family and military historians and collectors from all over the world. In addition we also stock a huge number of titles from other leading numismatic and medallic publishers – including books from Spink, Krause (we carry all of the Standard Catalogues of World coins and Paper Money), Greenlight and many more. We don’t only have books and magazines in stock though – we also have a huge range of accessories to help make your hobby a little easier – anything from albums to tweezers, from coin envelopes to scales – we stock it all!