- The New One PoundWed, 22 February 2017
- Twelve sides to the story
FOR the first time since 1997 the United Kingdom has a brand new coin—admittedly the denomination is a familiar one so it could be argued that this is just a redesign rather than anything as radical as the £2 or the 20p were, but whilst that is strictly true I...
- Malta PoliceThurs, 2 February 2017
- The personal touch
IT IS with sadness that we hear of the passing of Phil Burman (see “News and Views”, page 6) one of the “Old Guard” of the medal hobby—a familiar face to those of us who have attended medal shows in the past few decades and a true gentleman in the best possible sense...
- Year of the RoosterTues, 24 January 2017
- China syndrome
WHILST this is, of course, the February issue of COIN NEWS most of you will receive it in January and so may I wish you a very Happy New Year! I accept that as you’re likely to be reading this “Comment” at the end of January such a sentiment may be a littleworn but...
- BALDWIN’S MERGE WITH ST JAMES’SWed, 4 January 2017
- COIN NEWS’ Consultant Editor, John Andrew, reports breaking news from London. Baldwin’s Auctions, which was acquired by the Stanley Gibbons Group plc in 2013, has merged with St James’s Auctions (SJA) which was founded by Stephen Fenton, of the much respected Knightsbridge Coins, in 2004. Stephen...
- New York showdownTues, 3 January 2017
- to follow
- Our new websiteTues, 29 November 2016
- We are in the process of developing a new look website and we would like your opinion on how it should look. Is there anything about this site you don't like? Anything you think is great? Anything you'd like to see less of? More of? Do you like the colours? Is it functional? Easy to use? Let us...
- A new coin for ChristmasMon, 28 November 2016
- Faking it
THE Royal Mint Museum recently announced that they were to display one of their choicest pieces—a sovereign from the curtailed reign of Edward VIII; one of 49 coins featuring the Monarch that the museum holds, coins that were all ready for mass production but which never made...
Established in 1983 we are a small company of 11 employees based in Exeter in Devon. We don’t have a shop per se but anyone who is in the area is welcome to come in and visit us at any time that we’re open – see our Contact Us page for details.
As well as our magazines and yearbooks we have published a wide range of other titles on coins, medals and military history all of which are available from us via this website, mail order or from our premises. Of particular note are the acclaimed “HONOUR THE…” series of books that have proved absolutely essential to family and military historians and collectors from all over the world. In addition we also stock a huge number of titles from other leading numismatic and medallic publishers – including books from Spink, Krause (we carry all of the Standard Catalogues of World coins and Paper Money), Greenlight and many more. We don’t only have books and magazines in stock though – we also have a huge range of accessories to help make your hobby a little easier – anything from albums to tweezers, from coin envelopes to scales – we stock it all!