The worlds' only independent magazine devoted to medals and battles. Published 10 times per year, the magazine features articles, news, auction reports and the world renowned Medal Tracker service, invaluable when searching for lost medals and trying to re-unite broken groups. This service, like the classified advertising, is free to subscribers. Also included is the "what's on" section that lets collectors know about fairs, societies, auctions etc.
Medal News Headlines
- The power and the gloryWed, 30 July 2014
- Golden Summer’s Day
ON June 17 MEDAL NEWS was privileged enough to be invited along to what must go down as one of the most impressive medal exhibitions/displays of modern times. Now, of course, any large display of medals is impressive to a collector: we love looking at collections,...
- Stop Thief...Tues, 29 July 2014
- Between Monday 7th July 2014 and Wednesday 9th July 2014, an unknown offender has stolen items of military memorabilia which belong to the widow of Air Vice Marshall PEIRSE RAF. The items stolen include flying log books dating back to about 1947 until about 1985, an Air Vice Marshall...
- New Medal Record!Thurs, 3 July 2014
- The only Victoria Cross awarded for the Tibet Campaign has sold for a record £408,000 (including 20% premium) at Morton & Eden in London. It will shortly go on display at the Ashcroft Trust Gallery at the Imperial War Museum.
The VC was awarded to Lieutenant (later Colonel) John...
- Ivor BushThurs, 26 June 2014
- It is with great sadness that we learn of the passing of one of the hobby's stalwarts. Ivor was a regular face at many a show over the years (he loved Britannia) but failing health has meant that he hasn't been around much recently and today we learned that he passed away on June 11. Our...
- Stop ThiefThurs, 19 June 2014
- Stolen in a burglary at Rolvenden Layne, Kent, in mid-June - two frames of family medals, comprising:
A full-size group of three awarded to Colonel Robert Atkins, Indian Army, in a glazed frame:
Indian Mutiny Medal 1857-59, no clasp
Afghanistan Medal 1878-80,...