The worlds' only independent magazine devoted to medals and battles. Published 10 times per year, the magazine features articles, news, auction reports and the world renowned Medal Tracker service, invaluable when searching for lost medals and trying to re-unite broken groups. This service, like the classified advertising, is free to subscribers. Also included is the "what's on" section that lets collectors know about fairs, societies, auctions etc.
Medal News Headlines
- New Medal Record!Thurs, 3 July 2014
- The only Victoria Cross awarded for the Tibet Campaign has sold for a record £408,000 (including 20% premium) at Morton & Eden in London. It will shortly go on display at the Ashcroft Trust Gallery at the Imperial War Museum.
The VC was awarded to Lieutenant (later Colonel) John...
- Ivor BushThurs, 26 June 2014
- It is with great sadness that we learn of the passing of one of the hobby's stalwarts. Ivor was a regular face at many a show over the years (he loved Britannia) but failing health has meant that he hasn't been around much recently and today we learned that he passed away on June 11. Our...
- Stop Thief!Mon, 23 June 2014
- Stolen June 17 from Louis Bannon's shop in the Royal Arcade, Cardiff, an Edward Medal (Mines) to Evan Owens. This bronze medal had been gilded therefore has a gold appearance. Any information to Louis Bannon 07968 855288 or 02920221528.
- Stop ThiefThurs, 19 June 2014
- Stolen in a burglary at Rolvenden Layne, Kent, in mid-June - two frames of family medals, comprising:
A full-size group of three awarded to Colonel Robert Atkins, Indian Army, in a glazed frame:
Indian Mutiny Medal 1857-59, no clasp
Afghanistan Medal 1878-80,...
- Edward Medal for the Gresford Mining DisasterFri, 6 June 2014
- Anyone know where the medal is http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-27702691
Could it have been exchanged for the GC? Let us know if you know!
firstname.lastname@example.org 01404 46972