The worlds' only independent magazine devoted to medals and battles. Published 10 times per year, the magazine features articles, news, auction reports and the world renowned Medal Tracker service, invaluable when searching for lost medals and trying to re-unite broken groups. This service, like the classified advertising, is free to subscribers. Also included is the "what's on" section that lets collectors know about fairs, societies, auctions etc.
Medal News Headlines
- Awards for a HeroineTues, 4 August 2015
- All change?
AS we go to press with this issue of MEDAL NEWS (late July) so we are also working on the Medal Yearbook 2016 ready for launch at the OMRS Convention on September 27 in London. After much deliberation it is likely that this will be the last Medal Yearbook in its current form...
- OMSA Anyone...?Sun, 5 July 2015
- Once again we're looking forward to our annual "OMSA Pilgrimage" - this year's show is being held in Atlanta, Georgia at the Crown Plaza Ravinia, Dunwoody - a tried and tested venue - we went there in 2000 and 2005. Can you believe that was ten years ago...?
The event is early this...
- Remembering WaterlooMon, 1 June 2015
- Striking a balance
A few years ago we had a back-log of articles waiting to go in MEDAL NEWS: a backlog of some 18 months. Unfortunately a number of these were of the “Uncle Bill got a trio” type which, whilst usually very well written, had a limited appeal to the wider audience. After...
- Diana BirchMon, 11 May 2015
- It was with great sadness that we learn of the death of Diana Birch on Wednesday May 6 following a long battle with cancer. Diana was a true "stalwart" of the medal hobby and was well known to many of us both through her own company, Savannah Publications, and also as one of the...
- Gallant gestureThurs, 30 April 2015
- Whose medal is it anyway?
This month's cover story regarding the proposed sale of Les Munro's medals, and more importantly the potential for them to leave the shores of New Zealand, has once again put into sharp focus the issue of who owns what and what they are allowed to do with it....