The worlds' only independent magazine devoted to medals and battles. Published 10 times per year, the magazine features articles, news, auction reports and the world renowned Medal Tracker service, invaluable when searching for lost medals and trying to re-unite broken groups. This service, like the classified advertising, is free to subscribers. Also included is the "what's on" section that lets collectors know about fairs, societies, auctions etc.
Medal News Headlines
- Lt Col. Ashley TinsonThurs, 20 November 2014
- It is with great sadness that we learn of the death of Lt Colonel Ashley Tinson. Ashley was a good friend of ours and authored two of our most popular books - "Medals Will be Worn" and Wearing your medals in Civilian clothes" as well as a number of other works. The announcement of...
- Brother in ArmsMon, 17 November 2014
- This month? All about the man
"They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.
"They shall grow not old, as we...
- Lost in transit?Thurs, 13 November 2014
- Missing in the post between the UK and Canada ,
Casualty (WW1) Queens South Africa Medal (no clasp) named to J Clarke, LG.STO.2.CL. HMS Partridge.
John Clarke was born at Field Dalling, Norfolk. Clarke was discharged Dead 22nd September 1914 when HMS...
- Stop ThiefMon, 29 September 2014
- Officers investigating a burglary in Plymouth are appealing for information after a number of unique items including military service medals were stolen. Four medals were taken from a property in Taunton Avenue, Whitleigh, sometime between 11pm on Tuesday 23 September and 6am on Wednesday 24...
- Unique BraveryTues, 2 September 2014
- The Medal behind the Man
ONE topic seems to be dominating the medal world at the moment, both on line and at the recent OMSA convention in Santa Ana, California (more on that next month) and that is the subject of biographical research versus numismatic research. I know this is something...