The worlds' only independent magazine devoted to medals and battles. Published 10 times per year, the magazine features articles, news, auction reports and the world renowned Medal Tracker service, invaluable when searching for lost medals and trying to re-unite broken groups. This service, like the classified advertising, is free to subscribers. Also included is the "what's on" section that lets collectors know about fairs, societies, auctions etc.
Medal News Headlines
- It's almost York timeFri, 24 June 2016
- It's nearly July and that means it's almost York time! The York Coin and Medal fair is nearly upon us, taking place on Friday July 15th and Saturday July 16th once again at the Knavesmire Stand at York Racecourse.
The show one of the most popular events around amongst dealers and...
- GSM 2008Thurs, 16 June 2016
- This just in from the Manufacturers of the new General Service Medal 2008
"The new General Service Medal 2008 has gone into production with the initial supply of the medals being undertaken by Worcestershire Medal Service Ltd following a MoD tender process. The medal features on the...
- Remembering 1916Thurs, 2 June 2016
- ASK ANYONE, in or out of our hobby, to name a famous battle or action and the usual suspects will come up: Waterloo, the Charge of the Light Brigade, Islandhlwana, Rorke’s Drift, Gallipoli, the First Day of the Somme, Dunkirk, El Alamein, the Normandy Landings—all very familiar but, you will note,...
- Lost in the postThurs, 5 May 2016
- From Lockdales auction:
Lot 789 WW2 Casualty group to 5127225 Pte John Ronald Hayward (Haywood) 1/7th Bn R. Warwickshire Regt. Killed 18/7/1944. Buried Fontenay-Le-Pesnel War Cemetery, Tessel. Lived Bedworth Nr Nuneaton. Lot includes named Casualty medal slip, named box of issue,...
- Glorious RewardFri, 29 April 2016
- Broadening our horizons
SOMETIMES, as a medal collector, it is easy to forget that military history holds an interest for many outside our relatively narrow hobby. Many of us have, I am sure, been to militaria fairs and so are familiar with the concept that other things “military”...