The worlds' only independent magazine devoted to medals and battles. Published 10 times per year, the magazine features articles, news, auction reports and the world renowned Medal Tracker service, invaluable when searching for lost medals and trying to re-unite broken groups. This service, like the classified advertising, is free to subscribers. Also included is the "what's on" section that lets collectors know about fairs, societies, auctions etc.
Medal News Headlines
- Valour in TibetThurs, 24 April 2014
- Memories and medals
I WATCHED The Great Escape again recently—it really is a fantastic film; along with A Bridge Too Far, The Battle of Britain, The Longest Day, The Wooden Horse, Bridge Over the River Kwai, Escape from Colditz and myriad others, it was a film I would watch with my sons...
- Gurkha Officer in ShanghaiThurs, 27 March 2014
- An age-old problem
THIS month’s “Letters to the Editor” page contains a number of opinions regarding Robert Chalke’s experience with the Surrey Regimental Museum (see MEDAL NEWS March 2014)—in general the consensus of opinion amongst those writing, and of those to whom we have spoken,...
- Britannia Mules?Tues, 4 March 2014
- An interesting article from our friend Jeff Starck over at Coin World on Britannia errors
We'll look into this and let you know more when we find out!
*update* apparently these do exist - Jeff was in contact with Llantrisant and they confirmed the existence of the mules.
- For ValourWed, 26 February 2014
- Helping to stop global warming
AS we get closer to the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of World War I so the chattering classes seem to be in full flow, dissecting the conflict, and its causes in, it seems, an attempt to prove just how futile the whole things was. Well no kidding! I...
- 100th Victoria Cross to an AustralianThurs, 13 February 2014
- It has been announced today (Thursday February 13) that the 100th Victoria Cross to an Australian has been posthumously awarded to Corporal Cameron Stewart Baird, who died in Afghanistan in June 2013. 32-year-old Baird won his VC for displaying conspicuous valour, "leading to the ultimate...