The worlds' only independent magazine devoted to medals and battles. Published 10 times per year, the magazine features articles, news, auction reports and the world renowned Medal Tracker service, invaluable when searching for lost medals and trying to re-unite broken groups. This service, like the classified advertising, is free to subscribers. Also included is the "what's on" section that lets collectors know about fairs, societies, auctions etc.
Medal News Headlines
- The Medal Yearbook 2017Tues, 9 August 2016
- It's nearly time for the launch of the MEDAL YEARBOOK 2017 - THE price guide and collectors' handbook for the fascinating hobby of medal collecting.
Covering British Isles and "Empire" medals, the 2017 edition of the acclaimed YEARBOOK also features the CUMULATIVE INDEX to MEDAL NEWS...
- Island CrisisMon, 1 August 2016
- I’m done! So what’s next…?
JUST about everybody reading this Editorial will, by the very fact they buy this magazine, be a collector. Yes, one or two of you are researchers pure and simple, still others may be museum curators and the like, but most of you are collectors and thus, by...
- GSM 2008Thurs, 16 June 2016
- This just in from the Manufacturers of the new General Service Medal 2008
"The new General Service Medal 2008 has gone into production with the initial supply of the medals being undertaken by Worcestershire Medal Service Ltd following a MoD tender process. The medal features on the...
- Remembering 1916Thurs, 2 June 2016
- ASK ANYONE, in or out of our hobby, to name a famous battle or action and the usual suspects will come up: Waterloo, the Charge of the Light Brigade, Islandhlwana, Rorke’s Drift, Gallipoli, the First Day of the Somme, Dunkirk, El Alamein, the Normandy Landings—all very familiar but, you will note,...
- Lost in the postThurs, 5 May 2016
- From Lockdales auction:
Lot 789 WW2 Casualty group to 5127225 Pte John Ronald Hayward (Haywood) 1/7th Bn R. Warwickshire Regt. Killed 18/7/1944. Buried Fontenay-Le-Pesnel War Cemetery, Tessel. Lived Bedworth Nr Nuneaton. Lot includes named Casualty medal slip, named box of issue,...